Marina Stepanska (b. Ukraine) graduated from the Karpenko-Kary Kiev National University of Film and Television in 2004. She worked at the experimental theatre “School”, where she studied methods involving nonprofessional actors. She participated in the six-month workshop Archidoc, organised for European documentarists by La Fémis film school in Paris.
“Falling” is her feature film debut. Premiered at Karlovy Vary IFF (Competition East of West), 2017.
- DESATURATED. (2019, 10 min) Short visual comedy. Director, screenwrirter. Premiered at OIFF 2019.
- FALLING. (2017, 105 min) Feature film. Ukraine. Director, screenwrirter.
- MAN’S WORK (2015, 15 min) Short. Director, screenwriter. Co-produced Ukraine-Austria. Best Ukrainian Short at Odessa IFF (Odessa) • Prize for the best actor’s ensemble at Molodist IFF (Kyiv).
- HOLIDAYS (2013, 31 min) Short. Screenwriter, director, editor.
- TO HEAR (2004, 12 min) Short. Screenwriter, director.
- 2020 Vera. Feature script.
- 2020 When we were fifteen. (with a co-author Anna Buriachkova). Feature script.
- 2018 Desaturated. Short. Produced in 2019 by Darya Bassel & “Digital Religion”
- 2014 Falling. Feature script. Produced in 2017 by “Insight Media”& “Tato film”.
- 2014 No news from Jesus. Short script.
- 2013 Man’s work. Short. Short script. Winner of the Pitch Page by European Short Film Centre
- 2012 Violin. short script. Produced by National Ukrainian film Studio (dir. Olesya Morgunets).
- 2008 The Day when B. died. Short script.
- 2007 Bride. Short script. 1st award for the best script of National film festival “Open Night”.
- 2004 Send Off. short, (18’). 1st award for the best script of National film festival “Open Night”.